Monday, June 13, 2011

Cape Point (and baboons...)

Cape Point, South Africa
I can't believe I'm coming home in 5 days, I'm so excited! Today was fun, we went to Cape Point. It's the most southern tip of Africa and is supposedly where the Indian Ocean and Atlantic Ocean mix. It was a pretty long hike to get up to the top where the lighthouse was. We also went shopping. When we were at Cape Point, a baboon climbed onto our car to get our lunch and broke off our side view mirror! Try explaining that to the insurance company haha! Then we went to a beach where there were a lot of penguins, it was fun for like 10 minutes. Then I was bored haha.
Penguins on Boulders Beach, Cape Point, South Africa

Cape Point Lighthouse 
The biggest downside to the house besides living in it with 12 girls is that there's NO HOT WATER. It sucks a lot, and tonight a girl told me it was rude that I said everyone should be able to take 15 minute showers since we have 12 girls and 2 bathrooms. I told her it was rude to take a 30 minute shower like she did today when other people still have to go. See why I can't wait to leave?  My flight lands at 3:50 on Sunday.  Practically counting down the hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment