Sunday, June 5, 2011

2 Weeks Left!

Another shot of Mount Currie
I don't have much to say, we had free days yesterday and today. They would have been more useful if we weren't in the middle of nowhere right now. So I've spent them doing nothing except reading and hanging out, which is still nice. I could have gone hiking yesterday but they were driving 2 hours away and I really didn't want to do that. I feel like I live in that car, haha, we're always driving. We're having lasagna for dinner tonight, I'm not looking forward to it because I know it won't be as good as my mom's.

Tomorrow we're going to a private school then to Umtata. We're doing homestays there again but not with teachers, this time it can be with anyone. I'll be there for 2 days and again I don't know whether I will have service or not, but I'm hopeful.

St. Patrick's College
A private school in Kokstad, South Africa for ages 3-19.
I found this picture when I searched "Michigan State students in South Africa."  This is an orphanage but it may be something like Kelsey is doing while she is there.
Oh, and I've discovered I'm missing 3 pairs of shorts and 2 skirts. I don't know where they could be, hopefully somewhere in this room and I'll find them tonight. I've checked all the drawers and things whenever we leave a place. I really hope I didn't leave them somewhere, but it's hard when we're moving every couple of days. I haven't even worn them yet so I'm really sad : (
Less than 2 weeks until I'm home!

Umtata, South Africa
Kelsey, if you see this, your sister has decided what she wants you to bring her back from  South Africa :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment