Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Days 3 and 4 in Johannesburg/Pretoria

I don't have much time, so this is gonna be really short.  Sorry

Yesterday we had two lectures, one at our hotel with a professor from here in South Africa about the earliest history in Africa.  The other was at UNISA, the University of South Africa, and it was an overview of the history of education in South Africa.  It was beautiful there, there were waterfalls and flowers all over campus and mountains in the background!  It definitely wasn't like East Lansing, but I'm not complaining! haha

University of South Africa

After that we went to the Museum of Natural History in Pretoria, right across from City Hall.  I got a lot of good pictures and hopefully I'll be able to post some soon! We had a catered lunch at the museum, and it was a little better than the other food I've ate here.  They had cooked pumpkin that I liked, but that was about it.  I gotta find something I like soon, I cant live off pumpkin for 5 weeks!

Pretoria City Hall
Museum of Natural History

Right now were in between our two lectures, and then were going to a cultural musuem in Johannesburg.  Then were going to a private boarding school started by a MSU alumni for children from all over Africa called the African Leadership School.  Even though I've been extremely homesick, I'm excited for today and hope I get to meet some of the kids at the school.

Love and miss everyone!
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment